Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Friday, October 27, 2017

Strip Quilted Pouch

I've meaning to post this for awhile now:

This is a little pouch that I made for a friend of my mom's.  She's legally blind and has a guide dog.  She doesn't like to carry a purse.  I've made her several Crazy Quilt cellphone pouches over the years but this time I thought I'd make her a larger pouch so she has room for her keys, phone, rosary and wallet.

I strip quilted the pouch on a muslin foundation, then top stitched lace over the seams.  I appliqued the rose embroidery (from a vintage hanky) on top using heat and bond to hold it in place while sewing it down.  Then I added the trim around the outside.

A few embellishments gives it some sparkle.

I put it all together and then hand crocheted some trim for the bottom with some fancy yarn. 

The chain is removable.  I use the little lobster claw clasps which I hand sewn on and then added the chain.

It's a nice quick gift if anyone is looking for some fast Christmas ideas!

In other news, there's a contest over at Fans Of Kitty And Me Designs Facebook group!  The prize is one of my cross stitch patterns.  Hop over and check it out!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails