Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Crazy Quilt Trinket Blocks

A few years back, I started on some little 6 inch crazy quilt blocks to showcase the trinkets I've collected over the years.  Things I've saved from childhood, things that belonged to my grandmothers, my aunt, my great aunts, my flea market finds, do-dads that Scott has given me and so on.

The past few years have been rough so I kind of lost interest in this project and opted to stitch more simplistic things like cross stitch and simple embroidery.

When I lost Lucy last week, I needed to keep myself busy.  I felt like my arms had been ripped off my body.  I just didn't know what to do with myself so I pulled out my little box of finished blocks to look at them.  I had one started and decided to finish it.  I posted a photo the other day but here is a better picture:

The little heart is a pin that mom gave me (I think) years ago.  The blue flower to the right of it an earring that belonged to my grandmother.  I'll use it's companion on another block.  I also have the matching necklace.

Once I finished this, I thought now would be a good time to get back to the project so I put together a few blocks on my sewing machine and I've been working on them.

I finished this one the other day:

That cute little chick is an Avon pin from the 70's.  My mom was an Avon representative back then so I have quite a few of these cute little pins.  They had solid perfume in the back.  The little heart with my name on it was given to me years ago too.  I just can't remember by whom!

So that's what I'm doing at the moment.  Finally feeling up to some crazy quilting. 

If you would like to follow my works in progress, be sure to follow my personal Facebook page:

 https://www.facebook.com/pamela.kellogg.16

I post progress photos there as I stitch on these.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails