Cross Stitch Patterns by designer Pamela Kellogg of Kitty And Me Designs

The Blog Of Cross Stitch Designer Pamela Kellogg
Kitty And Me Designs

Add This To

Kitty And Me Designs

Celebrating 35 years of Needlework!!!!

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Crazy Quilt Trinket Block - Blue Avon Elephant Pin

Here is the latest finish in my Crazy Quilt Trinket block project:

The blue elephant is pin from Avon from back in the 1970's.  I had quite a few of these since my mom sold Avon back then.

I tried to give this block a "girly", pastel circus look.  I wanted it to feel whimsical.  I'm not sure where I got the little gold crown.  Mary Anne maybe?  I'm really not sure but it's the only one I had and it seemed to work perfectly on this little 6 inch block!

If you're new to my blog, I've collected little do-dads for years.  Saved things from my childhood, saved things that belonged to family members and friends who have since passed, collected things from flea markets and antique shops and garage sales....you know how it goes.  When you like little things, you just collect them and save them.  Well, a few years back I decided to start showcasing them on 6 inch crazy quilt blocks. 

For now, I'm just sewing blocks and stitching blocks and not really worried about putting a quilt together....but it that will happen eventually.  These blocks will at some point be made into several wall quilts.  I'll probably divide them up by season, theme and holiday.  I've done quite a few already, probably 40 or more and you haven't seen them all!!!  But you will!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails